At Georgian Bay Hotel
Comedy – Musical
Book & Lyrics by Norm Foster
Music by Steve Thomas
Directed by Patricia Vanstone
Set & Costume Design by Peter Hartwell
(photo is Patricia and Norm)
What would you do if you could hit the re-set button on a stale marriage? Paula and Sam have finally decided to pack it in as a couple. As they divvy up their household goods they wonder what would have happened if they’d never met. Would their dreams and young ambitions have come true? The discovery of a long-forgotten wedding gift sets off a chain of events that transports them back to their college days and the opportunity to rewrite their history together. This wonderful musical reunites playwright Norm Foster and composer Steve Thomas – co-creators of audience favourites Jasper Station, Race Day.
Premiering at The Foster Festival just before coming to Collingwood, this comedic musical is funny, irreverent, and ultimately a feel good story. Trademark Norm Foster!
SUMMER THEATRE FESTIVAL PRODUCTION
Tickets for this show are available now when you order a 5-Show Subscription. Please call our Box Office to purchase: 705-445-2200.
Single tickets for our Summer Theatre Festival productions go on sale March 1st, 2019.
Beside Myself is Gabrielle’s first appearance for The Foster Festival but she has been fortunate enough to have performed some of Norm Foster’s work elsewhere:
- The Ladies Foursome, Theatre Aquarius & Drayton Entertainment
- A Foggy Day, The Shaw Festival
Gabrielle has spent twelve seasons with The Shaw Festival, six seasons at The Stratford Festival and, over the past five years, has appeared in many productions for Drayton Entertainment.
She has toured Canada and the U.S. with Les Miserables and Mamma Mia! (Mirvish Productions and Little Star) and has appeared at many other theatres including:
- Theatre Calgary
- Persephone Theatre
- Studio 180
- The Vancouver Playhouse
- Stage West
- Capitol Theatre
- Talk is Free Theatre
- The Grand Theatre
Gabrielle lives in Niagara on the Lake with her husband, Shaw Festival actor Peter Millard.
Notable Theatre Credits Include:
- Prom Queen, World Premiere, Segal Centre
- Nigerdo Hotel, World Premiere, Dora Award Nomination, Tapestry Theatre
- The Big Sleep, World Premiere, Theatre Aquarius
- Colours in the Storm, Theatre Orangeville
- The Team on the Hill, Theatre Orangeville
- Jake and the Kid, World Premiere, Theatre Orangeville
- Les Misérables, Mirvish Productions
- Dirty Dancing, Mirvish Productions
- Man of La Mancha, TBTB
- Closer than Ever, Latimer/Follows
- 12 Angry Men, Drayton Entertainment
- The Dining Room, Grand Theatre
TV Credits Include:
- Murdoch Mysteries
- Christmas in Love
- The Ransom
- The Expanse (2 Seasons)
- Open Heart (Series Lead)
- Alienated (Series Lead)
- The Kennedys
- Lost Girl
- The Avro Arrow
- Lucky Girl
Feature Film Credits Include:
- Brotherhood Deep Six
- Land of the Dead
- Three Men and a Baby
- Virgin Suicides
Jonathan is a graduate of Ryerson University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts Honors degree in Performance and a 2015 participant of the Banff/Citadel Professional Development Program.
Breton is zealous about making her Foster Festival debut, back in the city where she first began her acting career (thanks to all the folks at Garden City Productions!).
Theatre Credits Include:
- Romeo and Juliet, Winter Garden Theatre
- Macbeth, Toronto Center for the Performing Arts
- Aunt Dan and Lemon, Theatre Passe Muraille Backspace
- Hair, North American Tour
Film and TV Credits Include:
- Sarah Jane in Carmilla
- Web of Lies, Discovery
- Forbidden, Discovery
- Charlotte in Dirt Town
Breton is a recipient of the Theatre Ontario Emerging Artist Award and a Broadway World Award. Thanks to Seventh House and family for the continuous care and good vibes! Enjoy the show!
Griffin is an actor, writer, musician and composer from Regina, Saskatchewan. He is a recent graduate from Sheridan College’s Bachelor of Music Theatre Performance program.
- The House of Martin Guerre, Theatre Sheridan
- My Bonnie Lass, new Johnny Reid and Matt Murray musical, Theatre Sheridan
- The Phantom of the Opera, Theatre Sheridan
- Kelly vs. Kelly, first workshop of Britta Johnson and Sarah Farb musical, Canadian Musical Theatre Project
Griffin is passionate and excited about the creation of new Canadian works, specifically new musicals, and hopes to continue to participate in their creation for years to come.